What happens when I pass the practical driving test?
Hooray, congratulations you did it! The examiner will let you know the outcome of your driving exam once you have arrived back at the test center. Upon giving you the good news that you have passed, the examiner will take your provisional photocard licence and forward it over to DVLA for them to update and issue you with a full drivers licence. You will be given a test pass certificate which enables you to drive straight away providing you have the right things in place (i.e insurance).
You may find you will need to send in your licence via post due to a change of details such as name and address. Either way, you’ve passed and your licence is on its way. This should take approximately 3 weeks to arrive but should you not have received it within this time feel free to contact DVLA for an update.
What will I need to do before I take the practical driving test?
- You will need to have passed the Theory Test before booking the practical.
- Book the practical test at one of the DVSA driving test centers.
- Get an appropriate amount of professional driving practice
- Ensure you get a good amount of rest the night before the test
- Remember to bring your provisional photocard licence along to the test center on the day